Welcome to my piano studio page! What makes my studio unique is that in addition to offering traditional piano lessons, I also offer an integrated approach to music-making that combines piano and Yoga to foster enhanced expressivity through the development of a healthy piano technique. I offer traditional piano lessons and a group piano class that integrates Yoga (Kids Yoga & Piano) and a new Parent Child Piano Class. Keep reading for more information!
Private Piano Lessons
I offer private lessons to students of all ages (including adults) and levels. Private instruction is individualized based on each student’s needs, interests, and goals. My approach is holistic incorporating repertoire, technique, sight-reading, ear-training, improvisation, theory and composition. I also incorporate yoga-based activities as a way for the student to learn about piano posture through breathing, stretching and poses.
My former pre-collegiate students while living in Columbia, MO, ranged from ages 6 to 80! Some of my students thrived when challenged in competition settings. In the past few years my students received Superior ratings at competitive events such as the Missouri Music Teachers Association, the Women’s League Piano Showcase, Federation of Music Clubs, and received first prizes at the Creating Original Music Project composition competition. Click here to read student and parent testimonials and to read about my wonderful students' successes!
Parent Child Piano Class
Are you looking for ways to spend time with your child? Do you want to learn a new skill alongside your child and have fun together?
Peachy Fitness and Music Lotus are now offering a summer 12-week Parent-Child Piano Class for children ages 6-9 and a parent or guardian starting on May 2, 2017 and ending on July 18, 2017. No prior study of the instrument is required. You will learn how to play piano together in a non-stressful and fun environment. Supplementary activities include playing duets, improvising, and family yoga!
Class meets on Tuesdays, 5:00-5:45pm at Peachy Fitness (2385 S Huron Parkway, Ann Arbor).
This class is for you if
- You want to connect with your child through a meaningful activity
- You are ready to learn a new skill
- You absolutely love your child's creative and crazy ideas!
- You need some time to de-stress and focus on your chil
Benefits of Parent-Child Class
- Enjoy making music together
- Develop fundamental piano-playing skills
- Explore your and your child's creative self
- Acquire a life-long hobby
- Spend time learning piano together and practicing at hom
Terms & Conditions
- Program runs May 2 to July 18, 2017.
- A no cost mini-lesson with the parent and the child prior to the start of the class is required to determine readiness for lessons.
Access to a keyboard instrument for practice is highly recommended. If you don't have an instrument, talk to us! We have a limited number of inexpensive electronic keyboards available for purchase.
- Missed classes cannot be made up. Please be in touch with the instructor to receive assignments by e-mail.
- Piano books must be purchased separately in consultation with the piano teacher ($20 approx. cost).
- In the event of program termination 30 days notice is required.
- Class size limited to 8 students (4 parents and 4 kids)
For more information or questions contact: Paola Savvidou (email@example.com)
Kids Yoga & Piano Class
Looking for a fun, educational and creative gift for that special child in your life?
Peachy Fitness and Music Lotus are partnering to offer just the right gift: 30 minute group piano class followed by a 30 minute Yoga class all in one great package!
Kids Yoga and Piano class for children ages 6-9 at Peachy Fitness on Tuesdays, 6-7pm, starting on January 10, 2017.
- If you are interested in lessons or classes, contact me by filling out the form available here, or by e-mail.
- We will set up a time for a sample lesson to see if we are a good fit to work together.
- If we are compatible, we’ll proceed with arranging tuition, schedule, etc.
- Have fun with lessons!
My studio is in my home located south of the County Farm Park off of Platt Road and near Whole Foods in Ann Arbor, MI. Please note that this is not a cat-free studio.