- Savvidou, P., & Myers, H. “Movement and Wellness for Musicians: Case Study Report.” MTNA EJournal, April 2016
- Savvidou, P. “Piano Duets: Facilitating Musical and Collaborative Skills.” Piano Pedagogy Forum (forthcoming).
- Savvidou, P., Li, M., Willis, B., & Skubic, M. “Assessing Injury Risk in Pianists: Using Objective Measures to Promote Self Awareness.” Music Teachers National Association EJournal, November 2015.
This publication was elected 2016 EJournal by the editorial committee.
- Savvidou, P. (2014, October/November). “In Search of the ‘Perfect’ Musical Performance.” American Music Teacher, Vol. 62, Issue 2.
This publication was elected 2015 American Music Teacher Article of the Year by the AMT editorial committee.
- Li, M., P. Savvidou, M. Skubic, B. Willis (2014, August). “Using the Kinect to Detect Potentially Harmful Hand Postures in Pianists.” Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Conference in Engineering Medicine and Biology (IEEE EMBC'14) Conference Proceedings.
- Savvidou, P., & J. Kuuskoski (2014, June). “Unmistakably Greek: Folk Dances through the Lens of Greek Nationalist Composer Yiannis Constantinides.” European Piano Teachers Association Conference, Oslo, Norway, Conference Proceedings. http://musikkpedagogene.no/epta-2/arkiv
- Savvidou, P. (2013, May). “Bouncing and Swaying: Dynamic Alignment and Expressivity in Piano Performance.” European Piano Teachers Association Conference, Düsseldorf, Germany, Conference Proceedings.
- Savvidou, P. (2015, December). “MTNA Collegiate Membership: Building Community through Experiential Learning Opportunities.” Missouri Music Teacher Association NOTES.
- Savvidou, P. (2014, Spring). “Mindful or Mind full? Focusing the Mind for More Effective Practicing.” Missouri Music Teachers Association NOTES. http://www.missourimta.org/officer-reports-for-spring-issue-of-notes-2014
- Savvidou, P. (2012, February). “Lengthening and Grounding: Teaching Principles of Basic Alignment to Beginning Piano Students.” Missouri Music Teachers Association NOTES, Vol. 44, No. 2.
Research in the news!
Click on images to read more.